PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chocolate Mint Cake Batter Cookies


A few years ago, when I was baking to impress a newer boyfriend's tummy, he asked if I could make cake batter cookies. In that moment, I knew some girl had baked him cake batter cookies. And I swore I would never bake them. Last week, I put that behind me, and finally did it. Let me tell you, I waited a few years too long. These are amazing! 

While we were browsing Pinterest a while back, Joseph spotted the confetti cake batter cookies going around, so we decided to revamp it in order to turn these bad boys into the delicious cookie he remembered. 

We succeeded. 

Here you go.

You are welcome.

Chocolate Mint Cake Batter Cookies

 makes 30-32

1 box chocolate cake mix, 18.25 oz
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 C chopped Andes Mints





Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the Andes Mints. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.


Yumm.



Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack. They will be very soft at first. No joke. Wait the five minutes. Trust me. 



 Really, I should have taken a photo of Joseph eating cookie, after cookie, after cookie as a testament to the goodness of these Chocolate Mint Cake Batter Cookies. 

So, the lesson to be learned here is, I win. I bake Chocolate Mint Cake Batter Cookies, AND I get to keep him. 

XOXO, Al

1 comment:

TammyM said...

I husband would love these. I will have to make them one weekend!