PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 19, 2014

Baby g2



Given that CeCe is one month old today, I find it entirely appropriate to drop everything and take the time to introduce her to the blog!

Likely, if you read this blog, you've already been informed of Sweet Caroline's arrival, either by Facebook or intsagram, or even call or text. But here's the little story of our teeny new baby. 

And a few photos. 


On the 18th, I woke up to contractions around 2:30 am. After a couple hours, Joseph finally woke up enough to figure out something was up. 

We put the finishing touches on our hospital bags, showered, and dropped Hadley off at my sweet friend Marcy's house. 

Upon arrival to the maternity unit, I thought for sure I'd be sent home. After my long, long experience with Hadley, my expectations for this delivery were somewhat the same. 

But they kept me. I was so miserable that I didn't even have the energy to be upset my mom wasn't arriving until that evening. However, I was worrying about who would get her from the airport. When my friend Tammy volunteered a ride, we jumped on that;) 

Anyway. I was out of triage and into a labor room by 9. By 12 I had my epidural. And at 16:16, Caroline Claire Gilbuena made her appearance. We were so tired and relieved, and I was just ready for my mom and Hadley to arrive to meet her. 

This is all a long story short, and I am happy to share a birth story soon, I've had a lot of fellow moms and friends asking if I'll jump on the bandwagon and share. 

Now on to the last month of our life;)


Hadley was instantly in love with her little sister. Here's to hoping that lasts forever. 



My amazing friend Marcy hosted a baby shower for CeCe. It was orinigally scheduled for the 19th, but Cece's early arrival had us otherwise engaged. But this way, everyone got to meet her!


I don't know if you can tell, but my mom enjoyed her time here with us. Or rather, with them. 


Schlumpy baby visits Daddy at the office. 


CeCe goes to coffee. 


CeCe got her first bath. 


CeCe attended her first baseball game, at 9 days old. 


Miss tiny bum tried cloth diapers, three of four leaked. Will try again soon. 


CeCe got Daddy snuggles. 



CeCe got glasses. 


CeCe went to the zoo. 


CeCe went to Katie's birthday party. 


CeCe went to te beach. 



CeCe napped in our bed. 


CeCe held all our stuff while we played at the park. 


CeCe joined us for brunch. 


And now CeCe is alseep. 

You are all caught up. 

Thanks for stopping by! You can look forward to many more entertaining baby posts soon. 

Xoxo, al

1 comment:

Lori Bree said...

Adorable pictures! I especially like the one of CeCe in the oversize (for her) glasses! So darn cute!!!