
We are having a blast, but I think that goes without saying:)
Sunday morning we woke up in our hotel in Kenosha. We were thankful wed chosen to stay half way between Milwaukee and Chicago, making our drive to Miller Stadium only 40 minutes. That also later meant it was just that far back, and we got to stay two nights in the same place, which doesn't happen again on this trip.
Anyway.
What I am about to describe may not be of surprise to many of you, but it's not a part of MLB I have experienced before. So keep that in mind if I seem silly:)
TAILGATING!

I am pretty sure I've never actually been a tailgater before, but I've never been out there in the trenches, and I've never known tailgating to be anything other than college football, in my little world. So, I was surprised to park In a lot at miller stadium, home of the Milwaukee Brewers, and find thousands of fans grilling, eating, drinking and having a jolly time before leaving the parking lot. Oh man, it's smelled so good. I was plotting internally how to make friends and grab a burger.
But then I moved on and we grabbed our daily geocache, keeping up with the daily geocache in August challenge.

Of course, one of the most important things for our family is Hadley friendly anything. Hadley really scored here!
As we walked through the gate, Hadley got a ticket for a free kids ice cream. Score! She was also given socks so she could play at the play land, since she'd worn flip flops and they heavily enforce their mandatory sock policy. (Thank you, BTW!!) There were clowns, balloons, face painting, and slides. Hadley was in heaven. She even got to take her picture with Mickey Mouse!





Going back to the moment we entered the gates, we received bobble heads of a brewer player that I have already forgotten. But even if you aren't a Brewers fan, these are always fun, and we will forever remember these came from our Baseballcation 2013:) We also each received a $10 voucher to spend inside the park, and actually they gave us four accidentally. So, we used those to buy a $20 helmet full of some pretty amazing nachos! Who wouldn't love nachos in a helmet?!

We also got a souvenir soda as we have been at every other stadium we've been to, ever:) but the sweetest find was a Brewers Camaro to add to Joseph's hot wheels collection! (Not pictured yet.)

The afternoon was perfect. We were all happy and feeling well enough (pesky colds we are still trying to shake) and so much was aimed to please the three year old. The sky was blue with picture perfect puffy clouds. I'm in love. I'd even revisit this place someday:)
I am an Oregon girl, and seriously miss the coast now that we are living in Ohio. But as a friend told me when I first moved to Toledo, Lake Erie and Lake Michigan can be just as amazing. I have found this to be almost true. The time we spent playing at the beach on Lake Michigan, north of Chicago amazing. Hadley loved the sand and the water. And I loved having a happy family playing together.





Ok, more later. Yesterday was pretty amazing too. Here's to catching up!
Xoxo, al
1 comment:
Sounds like a wonderful vacation for all of you!
Post a Comment