PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Picnic



 

I had high hopes for today. We were up and looking pretty and ready to head out to a morning at the park, followed by a couple of errands. But as I was putting on mascara, Hadley came in, asking me to wash her hands. They were filthy dirty. As in DIRT. And the only way she could have gotten DIRTy, is if she touched our seedlings we've been working so hard to grow.

Yes, it is true. Haldley dug up our herb garden that for weeks has been growing furiously to provide us with basil, mint, oregano and whatever else we put in there. So, tonight we will plant all over again...

I was so angry with that little munchkin that i bopped her bum, washed her up, and sent her to time out, cancelling our park trip, and stripping her of TV time.

She screamed, and cried, and screamed and cried. She said announced she was sorry. Though I appreciated the apology, I was not about to go back on her punishment. I was seriously still pissed about the mint. Grrr.

So, we endured a cranky morning together. 

To break the ice and get her relaxed, happy and tired out for nap time, I decided it would be a good idea to get out for a picnic lunch and walk. I already had a lunch ready i'd planned to take to the park. Just here at home wasn't giving in too bad, right?

What a turn around here at home. Not to say she ever made it to sleep. It just is not in the cards for us today. But we are both happy to have moved on from the morning yuckies. The sunshine sure can change a lot of frowns upside down. 

This is my first true experience with major discipline for Hadley. She is a pretty good little girl. She's never really been mean, or gotten into things, or deliberately disobeyed. I have never had to skip a play date or solo trip to the park, I have never really had to keep the TV off as punishment. I don't know if any of this even will sink into her brain. She's not even 3 yet. But I am guessing if I did nothing, she would remember that, right?

Sometimes it's OK to be the bad guy.
Today, I am the bad guy.
Boo.

Tomorrow will be different:)

XOXO, Al


No comments: