So again, I'm starting in on this in the last ten days. But I am pretty excited about sticking with it! I'm doing day 23 today, on my day 2:)
Here goes!
Things I've learned that school won't teach me.
1: Potty training. This one is KILLING me right now. Just poop in the potty already, Hadley. (I've got to give her a little credit, though. Over the last six months, she's done the deed about a dozen times.)
2: Unitaskers are stupid. Don't buy them. By this I mean all those silly kitchen gadgets that take up all that valuable real estate in your cupboards. Go for something that will do a few things for you. This advice I learned from Alton Brown. He made me think harder before purchasing fancy fun tools.
3: I was born in 1983. I graduated high school in 2001. Long past the days where home economics teachers were teaching girls how to be stay at home wives and mothers. I wish I wasn't learning so much on the fly. Favorite thing learned on this matter? Your house doesn't have to be flawless for your husband to think you rock. Bless a good man:)Even 60 years ago I wouldn't have learned THAT in school!
4: It could always be worse! I think I will give my mom credit for this one. It's something my brother once told me mom taught us. It is so spot on. I probably wouldn't have said it just like that, it sounds a little dark, but I kinda like it that way. My mom has been through a lot in her life, and has climbed up so far to be the great woman she is today. I think "It could always be worse" is a great reminder that whatever you are going through, no matter what has happened, it's just not the end of the world. I know sometimes it kind of actually is, but really, it makes me stop and think that I have had a pretty easy life. Breakups, burnt cookies, moves across the country, and even a miscarriage...it's all small stuff. And I am grateful for the life I have.
5: Your true BFF will fill your heart more and more with each passing year. You'll be more and more lonesome for her the older you get. Nobody could have prepared me for that. Boo.
XOXO, Al


No comments:
Post a Comment