Well, I guess I am back to normal. I had my two week post op appointment this morning, and everything's a go for trying again.
But.
Now that I have faced one miscarriage, I am faced with a reality. The one where 20-25% of all pregnancies result in miscarriages. Dr. DeRosa (or Dr. Rosie, as Hadley sweetly calls him) was sure to point this out again. The first time he told us those statistics (I already knew them) I felt better knowing I was not alone, that miscarriages are an unfortunately common occurrence. But today, it makes me feel depressed. Like, do I have to do this all over again in a few months??
Man, it was great living in a world where this was not a threat to me. I think if there were ever one thing in my life that I actually could change, this would be it. This is not one of those things that could possibly happen for a reason, or make us better people for having experienced this. It's just pointless and heartbreaking.
Anyway, I am here to say we are all fine. I am still bummed for no December baby, and that I had to live through almost 11 weeks of a first trimester and the awfulness associated with it, just to go back to the beginning and try again. But I think if anyone had to endure this, we were built tough enough for it.
I just want anyone to know, if you have gone through a miscarriage, are going through, or ever go through this in the future, you don't have to mourn alone. I know that if one in every 4 or 5 pregnancies end like this, there are women everywhere I look who have gone through this too. Yet, before I started talking about this, I only knew of one friend who'd had a miscarriage, and only two more shared with me after. I am not saying you HAVE to tell the world about your broken heart, I am just saying it's OK if you want to. I know that without the many, many conversations with a friend before surgery, and a heart to heart with another friend after, I would not have coped so well.
What's new here with the Gilbuenas otherwise?
Well, my mom is flying in in FOUR DAYS!! And I have so so so much to do. The day after she arrives, Hadley and I will get in the car with her and drive to visit family in MN. I've got to clean my car, inside and out, shop for and pack all our road trip snacks, buy and wrap the dollar tree presents to open every half an hour along the way, grocery shop for Joseph, so the man can eat while we are away, try to get some shopping done for Hadley's Birthday and get the photo invites done. Oh, and maybe get a couple good shots of her in her birthday tank top to put on those invites! Yikes. Lots to do in four days, especially since we are driving to Indianapolis Sunday for the Indy 500. YIKES.
Just a little something to look forward to!
I am dying to do a little giveaway here on the blog. With Hadley's birthday less than three weeks away, and mine days later, I think I can come up with something fun to celebrate. And for every new like I will add on a Thirty-one Gifts gift certificate good with only me worth $1 for every new like between today and the 15th. So, share this blog with your blogger pals, your sister, your daughter, your best friend Stephanie (that is my best friend's name!) and let's get this party started.
XOXO, Al
No comments:
Post a Comment